A Billion Reasons We Do Not Have Grid Security
Frank Gaffney Interviews Michael Mabee on Electric Grid Security
Why is the electric grid still vulnerable when we have known for decades that existential threats exist? Frank Gaffney and Michael Mabee discuss a billion reasons on Secure Freedom Radio. Don’t miss my article on this issue: Money Talks, Grid Security Walks.
Electric Utility Industry Lobbying and Political Contributions in the last 10 years.
Below is information on this from The Center for Responsive Politics. Note that this is only federal (U.S. Senate and U.S. House) – this does not include state level numbers, which are likely significant. Frank and I will be talking about this on his radio show today.
- Federal Lobbying in the past 10 years: $1.2 Billion
- Federal Political “contributions” in the past 10 years: $149.5 Million
Much more detailed info is available from the Center for Responsive Politics, including the contributors and the recipients.
The bottom line is that the electric utility industry is spending tens of millions of dollars per year influencing Congress. This is why grid security legislation has been so difficult to get passed. The true irony is that this money ultimately comes from our electric bills.
Electric customers are unknowingly funding a campaign against grid security!
Charts from The Center for Responsive Politics.
From Secure Freedom Radio:
MIKE MABEE, Author, “The Civil Defense Book,” retired US Army Command Sergeant Major, Secure the Grid Coalition, securethegrid.com:
- As early as 1981, the federal government has known about the threats posed to America’s physical grid security
- For the past 10 years, various electric utility companies have used over a billion dollars to lobby prominent US politicians
- Why would public utility companies not be concerned about their own security?
[wpedon id=”5868″ align=”center”]